Riesling Holder 2018 AOC Alsace
- Revue du Vin de France : 92/100
Ample, round with candied citrus fruits
The Holder, a specific locality in Wihr-au-Val, made up of granite infiltrated with clay, is above all the preferred terrain for our Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris. However, in the middle of this area is a rock where the soil is so skeletal that only Riesling can flourish. Produced at low yields, it is always a concentrated Riesling, with an intense aromatic expression and a beautiful minerality.
- Straw yellow colour with golden reflections.
- Very expressive nose with a dominant of citrus fruits, a touch of spices.
- An attack at first silky, with a lot of fat and a beautiful presence in mouth supported by a beautiful minerality and prolonged by a firm and very pure acidity which confers character and elegance to this racy Riesling.
Food and wine pairing
A true gastronomic wine, it will be remarkable with all dishes that require a dry wine: smoked, raw or marinated fish, seafood, hot oysters, white meat in a creamy sauce, especially poultry, Italian cuisine (based on fresh or dried tomatoes) and fresh, creamy cheeses.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 25 ares
- Position Plot situated at 450m, with a south/south-east exposure.
- Type of soil Migmatite de Kaysersberg (Schlossberg granite), a stony metamorphic rock with a clay surface, rich in iron and with red clay veins.
- Age of the vines 30-35 years old
- Production 1,656 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Riesling 100%
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.43 °
- Residual sugars 9.79 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 6.52 g/l
- pH 3.21
- Ageing potential 8-10 years