Pinot Gris Val Saint Grégoire 2019 AOC Alsace
Medium dry, powerful and floral
"Val St Grégoire" is a communal appellation for Pinot Blanc or Pinot Gris in the Munster valley, formerly called "Val Saint Grégoire". This is due to its semi-continental microclimate, with very pronounced amplitudes, which is particularly successful for the Pinot varieties.
- Pale yellow colour with silver highlights.
- A delicate and highly developed bouquet with notes of yellow and white flowers and more discreet hints of pome fruits (pear, quince).
- After a silky attack, this wine develops subtle and elegant aromas. The palate is very well balanced, rich, light and delicate at the same time. Very intense and aromatic, it is a true gastronomic wine.
Food and wine pairing
The subtle richness of this wine can be appreciated as an aperitif or with foie gras, fine fish in sauce, poultry such as partridge, guinea fowl with figs, quail with grapes, Asian cuisine or hard cheeses (Comté, Gruyère, etc).
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 50 ares
- Position On the first slopes with a full southern exposure.
- Type of soil Very decomposed granite (sandy) rich in micas.
- Age of the vines 25 years old
- Production 5,014 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Gris : 100%
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.33 °
- Residual sugars 9.51 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 5.65 g/l
- pH 3.49
- Ageing potential 5-8 years