Pinot Gris Holder 2018 AOC Alsace
- Revue des Vins de France : 90/100
- Vinous Terroir Sense Ian d'Agata : 92/100
Opulent with notes of overmaturity
The "Holder" is a special place in Wihr-au-Val, where our Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris do particularly well thanks to a soil that is both granitic and clayey, which gives them opulence, complexity and extreme finesse.
- Straw yellow colour with golden reflections.
- A very delicate and fine nose that opens up gradually, evoking white flowers (acacia) and then overripe fruit (white peaches, pears, quinces).
- The attack is silky and continues on a structured, opulent and harmonious palate thanks to a perfect balance between sweetness, power and final freshness which pleasantly prolongs the persistence of this wine of pleasure.
Food and wine pairing
The subtle richness of this wine can be appreciated as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to foie gras, poultry such as guinea fowl with figs, quail with grapes, duck with peaches or Asian cuisine (Thai, Indian, etc.) or even pressed cheeses such as a very old Comté or Parmesan.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 1,20 ha
- Position Located mid-slope (380 to 450m) with a south / south-east exposure.
- Type of soil Migmatite from Kaysersberg (Schlossberg granite), stone and clay metamorphic rock on the surface, rich in iron and traversed by veins of red clay.
- Age of the vines 30 years-old
- Production 4 370 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Gris : 100%
- Tasting temperature 10-12°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.5 °
- Residual sugars 40.27 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 5.66 g/l
- pH 3.5
- Ageing potential 5-7 years