Pinot Gris Herrenreben 2018 AOC Alsace
- Revue du Vin de France : 91/100
Slightly sweet, mineral, with hints of citrus fruit.
Herrenreben means "the vines of the Lords" because already in the 15th century, the Lords of Ribeaupierre owned vines there. Its granitic, stony and sandy soil is very rich in silica and gives us a slightly soft mineral Pinot Gris.
- Straw yellow colour with golden reflections.
- Intense nose on citrus fruits.
- After a supple attack, this wine shows a great minerality and richness balanced by a beautiful tension on the finish
Food and wine pairing
A gastronomic wine, it can be enjoyed on its own or as an original aperitif. It will also suit foie gras, pâtés and refined terrines, poultry (pheasant, quail with grapes, guinea fowl with figs), exotic cuisine (Asian or Indian) and hard cheeses (old Comté, Gruyère, etc.).
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 39 ares
- Position Sloping hillsides with a southern exposure.
- Type of soil Granite from the Kaysersberg valley (Schlossberg), a migmatic metamorphic rock in decomposition and particularly rich in feldspar and quartz.
- Age of the vines 20 years old
- Production 2,205 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Gris : 100 %
- Tasting temperature 10-12°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.15 °
- Residual sugars 42.29 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 5.81 g/l
- pH 3.41
- Ageing potential 8-10 years