Riesling Herrenreben 2019 AOC Alsace
- Revue du Vin de France : 92/100
Ample, mineral with citrus notes
Herrenreben means "the Lords' vines" because in the 15th century, the Lords of Ribeaupierre already owned vines here. This is where our oldest Rieslings grow, deeply rooted in the granite which gives a superb minerality to this wine, enhanced by a beautiful acidity due to the high altitude of this place (up to 500m).
- Pale yellow colour, brilliant with golden hues.
- Intense nose with a mineral dominance completed by more complex citrus nuances.
- After a pleasant attack with grapefruit aromas, this powerful wine has a nice acidity and a very pure and mineral length.
Food and wine pairing
A true gastronomic wine, it will be remarkable with all dishes that require a dry wine: smoked, raw or marinated fish, seafood, hot oysters, white meat in a creamy sauce, especially poultry, Italian cuisine (based on fresh or dried tomatoes) and fresh, creamy cheeses.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 1,50 ha
- Position Slopes located at the entrance to the valley, at a high altitude of 450 to 500 m. facing South/South-West.
- Type of soil Light sandy soil composed of highly decomposed granite, with a fractured granite subsoil.
- Age of the vines 40-45 years old
- Production 3,405 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Riesling : 100 %
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.35 °
- Residual sugars 5.58 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 6.21 g/l
- pH 3.15
- Ageing potential More than 10 years