Pinot Blanc Val Saint Grégoire 2020 AOC Alsace
Fresh and fruity, inviting to conviviality
"Val St Grégoire" is an appellation that benefits the Pinot Blanc or Pinot Gris grape varieties in the Munster valley formerly called "Val Saint Grégoire". This is due to its micro-climate which is particularly successful for Pinot varieties.
- Pale yellow colour with silver highlights
- Lovely bouquet evoking spring with notes of white and yellow flowers and a touch of fresh fruit like white peach.
- Full attack followed by a nice presence in the mouth with a delicious taste of fresh fruit and a pleasantly fresh finish.
Food and wine pairing
It can be enjoyed in a wide range of circumstances, as a light and refreshing aperitif, with snacks, seafood and all kinds of starters (asparagus, quiches, snails, etc). It is also perfect for accompanying a cold buffet!
- Tasting context Wines for starters
- Area 1,10 ha
- Position On the first slopes with a full southern exposure.
- Type of soil Very decomposed granite (sandy) rich in micas.
- Age of the vines 25 to 30 years old
- Production 1 900 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Auxerrois : 100 %
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.47 °
- Residual sugars 4.3 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 4.54 g/l
- pH 3.45
- Ageing potential 3-5 years