Audace 2018 AOC Alsace
Ample, fat, fresh and with beautiful floral notes
Riesling from the Linsenberg vineyard, vinified and aged in acacia and mulberry barrels for 12 months (including malolactic fermentation).
- A brilliant straw yellow colour with golden hues.
- Intense nose with a floral dominance completed by vanilla and smoky nuances.
- After a pleasant attack with floral aromas, this fat and dense Riesling presents delicate woody notes and a minerality which gives it a nice persistence.
Food and wine pairing
A true gastronomic wine, it will be remarkable with all dishes that require a dry and fatty wine: smoked, raw or marinated fish, white meat in a creamy sauce, especially poultry, and fresh and creamy cheeses.
- Tasting context Unusual wine associations
- Area 1,50 ha
- Position Very steep slopes with a southern exposure.
- Type of soil Stony and skeletal granitic soil rich in micas with a very fractured parent rock that allows the roots to develop deep down.
- Age of the vines 20 to 25 years old
- Production 730 bouteilles
- Cuvée / blend Riesling : 100%
- Tasting temperature 10-12°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 12.9 °
- Residual sugars 2.14 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 6.76 g/l
- pH 3.15
- Ageing potential More than 10 years