Pinot Noir Saint Grégoire 2020 AOC Alsace
Fleshy, intense notes of red fruits
"Val St Grégoire" is a communal appellation that benefits the Pinot Blanc or Pinot Gris grape varieties in the Munster valley formerly called "Val Saint Grégoire". This is due to its semi-continental micro-climate, with very pronounced amplitudes, which is particularly successful for the Pinot varieties. Thanks to the specific terroir and micro-climate of the Munster Valley, the "Pinot" vines do particularly well there. The historical name of the Valley of Munster (before the Protestant reform) was "Val Saint Grégoire", hence the name of this cuvée.
- Ruby colour with black cherry highlights.
- Intense nose with fresh aromas of small red fruits.
- Fleshy, good presence in the mouth with an intense aromatic expression and round tannins.
Food and wine pairing
Wine aged exclusively in used oak barrels (more than 4 years old) to avoid any taste of wood and to favour the expression of the grapes and the terroir. Ideal with white and red meat, as well as game.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 95 ares
- Position At the bottom of the south-facing slopes
- Type of soil Very decomposed granite, rich in micas and silica.
- Age of the vines 25 years old
- Production 2,933 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Noir : 100%
- Tasting temperature 12-14°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 14.15 °
- Tartaric acidity 6.15 g/l
- pH 3.79
- Ageing potential 5-8 years