Rouge Alterre 2019 AOC Alsace
Supple, with notes of small red fruits
Rouge Alterre, a combination of the Latin word "alter" meaning "other" and the word "terre" (earth), because it is a wine from a different terroir than the granites we usually work with. Indeed, the grapes come from plots of land on clay-limestone soils, worked by two organic winegrower friends in Eguisheim.
- Beautiful ruby red colour.
- The nose opens with red berries and cherries, followed by notes of breeding and sweet spices.
- The attack is supple and round. On the palate, the structure is balanced with a delicate finish of small red fruits and sweet spices.
Food and wine pairing
This wine is a perfect accompaniment to white meats, roast veal or small game in sauce.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area This wine is made from Pinot Noir grapes purchased from winegrower friends in Eguisheim.
- Position Bottom of the Eguisheim hillsides
- Type of soil Clay-limestone
- Age of the vines 30 years old
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Noir : 100%
- Tasting temperature 12-14°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.3 °
- Tartaric acidity 5.29 g/l
- pH 3.73
- Ageing potential 5-8 years