Riesling Holder Mélodie d'Octobre 2015 AOC Alsace
Rich and fresh, intense notes of candied citrus
This Riesling has the particularity of being made from over-ripe grapes (by passerillage), harvested at a normal date. This strong maturation was achieved in 2015 thanks to the warm and light "foehn" wind which delicately dried the berries of this Riesling in mid-October. This gives a particularly original opulent wine, a little easier to approach than late harvests concentrated by noble rot.
- Deep straw yellow with golden hues.
- Very expressive nose with fern, acacia, yellow flowers, beeswax and citrus notes.
- Silky attack followed by an imposing presence on the palate due to both the wine's ample structure and its aromatic intensity. A pleasant finish prolonged by a touch of freshness and a good minerality.
Food and wine pairing
A wine of pleasure to be savoured as an aperitif, on its own.
Best served with rich and subtle dishes such as seafood cassolettes, scallops in Noilly sauce, foie gras, chicken tajine with candied lemon, tangy desserts.
- Tasting context Unusual wine associations
- Area 1,20 ha
- Position Plot situated at 450m with a south/south-east exposure
- Type of soil Migmatite de Kaysersberg (Schlossberg granite), a stony metamorphic rock with a clay surface, rich in iron and with red clay veins.
- Age of the vines 20 to 25 years old
- Production 1,408 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Riesling : 100%
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 11.85 °
- Residual sugars 57 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 8.31 g/l
- pH 3
- Ageing potential 8-10 years