Pinot Noir Herrenreben 2020 AOC Alsace
Full-bodied, spicy and with a good length.
"Herrenreben" means "the lords' vines" because this area once belonged to the lords of Ribeaupierre who already in the 15th century cultivated Pinot Noir here. At once stony, sandy and very rich in silica, this terroir produces Pinot Noir that is robust, concentrated and rich in aromas; suitable for ageing in oak barrels.
- Black cherry red colour with garnet highlights
- Well-developed nose, with delicate vanilla notes at first, followed by aromas of small black fruits and spices (white pepper).
- Frank and fruity, it shows a good structure in the mouth with an intense and long aromatic expression, supported by silky tannins and a pleasant freshness.
Food and wine pairing
Ideal with both white and red meats, as well as game.
- Tasting context Meal wines
- Area 1,15 ha
- Position Located at the entrance to the valley, at an altitude of 400 to 500 m, on south/southwest facing slopes.
- Type of soil Migmatite de Kaysersberg (Schlossberg granite), a sandy metamorphic rock on the surface with a subsoil rich in sheet clays resulting from the decomposition of feldspar.
- Age of the vines 40-45 years old
- Production 2 992 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Pinot Noir : 100 %
- Tasting temperature 12-14°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 15.5 °
- Tartaric acidity 5.69 g/l
- pH 3.57
- Ageing potential More than 10 years