Muscat 2019 AOC Alsace
Fruity, fresh and crunchy
Particularly sensitive to climatic fluctuations, Muscat obliges us to plant it in various sectors in order to ensure a minimum harvest each year. It is therefore above all the grape varieties from which it comes from that express themselves there.
- Pale yellow with silver highlights
- Particularly expressive and charming nose with delicate floral nuances of hawthorn, fresh fruit notes and of course a musky side.
- A silky attack followed by an aromatic burst of fresh fruit that gives the sensation of biting directly into the grape, all supported by a fine acidity that prolongs the mouth on a pleasant note of freshness.
Food and wine pairing
Its fruitiness and freshness make it a thirst-quenching wine that is particularly pleasant as an aperitif, as well as at any time of day, especially in summer. Excellent with asparagus when combined with a fine sauce such as hollandaise or mousseline. Also very pleasant with scallops just fried or Sushi (without the wasabi!) or with a good slice of Kougelhopf!
- Tasting context Wines for starters
- Area 0,50
- Position At the bottom of a hillside with a southern exposure.
- Type of soil Granite with two micas.
- Age of the vines 15 to 30 years old
- Production 3 369 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Muscat d'Alsace : 40% - Muscat Ottonel : 60%.
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 13.4 °
- Residual sugars 3.66 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 4.87 g/l
- pH 3.45
- Ageing potential 5-8 years