Gewurztraminer Holder Vendanges Tardives 2018 AOC Alsace
- Vinous Terroir Sense Ian d'Agata : 94/100
- James Suckling : 89/100
Dense, opulent, spicy and long in the mouth.
The "Holder" is a special place in Wihr-au-Val, where our Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris do particularly well thanks to a soil that is both granitic and clayey, which gives them opulence, complexity and extreme finesse.
- Glittering straw yellow with golden highlights.
- Very subtle expressive nose, with a seductive floral dominance (gentian, elderflower) and more discreet notes of exotic fruits (lychees) as well as more spicy nuances.
- On the palate, after a silky attack, it reveals an extreme subtlety with very delicate floral aromas and a roundness perfectly balanced by a fine acidity which adds length to the finish with a beautiful persistence.
Food and wine pairing
To be enjoyed for itself as an aperitif or after a meal or to be enjoyed with foie gras; exotic and spicy dishes; washed-rind cheeses and blue-veined pastas; desserts made with fruit and sweet spices (cinnamon quiche tart, apple strudel, crumble, etc....)
- Tasting context Dessert wines
- Area 50 ares
- Position Located halfway up the hillside with a full southern exposure (altitude 380m).
- Type of soil Granite in very advanced decomposition and particularly rich in clay veins.
- Age of the vines 30 years-old
- Production 2057 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Gewurztraminer : 100%
- Tasting temperature 10-12°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 14 °
- Residual sugars 81.6 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 3.92 g/l
- pH 4.18
- Ageing potential +10 years