Gewurztraminer Holder 2016 AOC Alsace
- La Revue du Vin de France : 14.5/20
Generous, complex and very aromatic
The "Holder" is a special place in Wihr-au-Val, where our Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris do particularly well thanks to a soil that is both granitic and clayey, which gives them opulence, complexity and extreme finesse.
- Glittering straw-yellow colour with golden highlights.
- Expressive nose with a seductive harmony of floral, fruity and spicy notes.
- Round and fleshy on the palate, it is particularly generous and concentrated with great aromatic complexity and good persistence.
Food and wine pairing
Delicious as an aperitif or with exotic dishes (Thai or Indian cuisine) or flavoured dishes (Monkfish with saffron or curry), also sweet and savoury (duck with orange), Washed rind cheeses, such as Munster, Pont l'Evêque, Maroilles, Livarot, Epoisses, or fruit-based desserts (quetsch tart, apple strudel, crumble, etc...).
- Tasting context Dessert wines
- Area 1,20 ha
- Position Located at mid-slope (380 to 450m) with a south/south-east exposure.
- Type of soil Kaysersberg migmatite (Schlossberg granite), a metamorphic rock with a pebbly and clayey surface, rich in iron and traversed by red clay veins.
- Age of the vines 30 years-old
- Production 5 181 bottles
- Cuvée / blend Gewurztraminer: 100 %
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 12.9 °
- Residual sugars 29.67 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 3.99 g/l
- pH 3.72
- Ageing potential 8-10 years