Edelzwicker AOC Alsace
Dry, light and fruity
This is the only Alsatian wine that is a blend of different grape varieties.
"Edel" means noble and "zwicker" means blend. Only quality grape varieties are used in the composition of this wine, which is of course an AOC Alsace wine. It is marketed in 1 litre bottles to obtain a lower cost price, and thus facilitate its daily consumption (among other things in pitchers in restaurants), as bulk sales are not permitted for Alsace wines
- Pale yellow with white gold highlights.
- Expressive nose with a seductive harmony of floral, fruity and spicy notes.
- On the palate, a frank attack followed by a nice presence in the mouth with a certain power and pleasant fruit, then a clean and fresh finish.
Food and wine pairing
Its fruitiness and freshness make it a perfect thirst-quencher.
An excellent companion for convivial meals (cassecroute, charcuterie, seafood and shellfish, sauerkraut, etc.). Also perfect for cooking or as an aperitif, associated with a crème de cassis (or other).
- Tasting context Aperitif wines
- Position Mid-slope with exposures ranging from full south to south-west
- Type of soil Granitic soil with two micas
- Age of the vines From 15 to 40 years old
- Cuvée / blend Sylvaner, Pinot Auxerrois, Chasselas, Muscat, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer
- Tasting temperature 8-10°C
- Sweetness DrySemidrySoftSweet
- Alcohol 12.75 °
- Residual sugars 5.44 g/l
- Tartaric acidity 4.5 g/l
- pH 3.55
- Ageing potential 3 years